2.27.2006

I will be looking for YOU (and you, and you...)

Mardi Gras in Frankfort is always fun, but now it is also an opportunity to give generously to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Local photographer, and personal friend, Jason Geis will be exhibiting some of his work at the Capital Plaza Hotel Tuesday, February 28. Admission to the show is $5 with ALL proceeds going to Gulf Coast Hurricane Relief Efforts. Jason is an extremely talented photographer, and his work is always powerful and evocative. He just returned from a trip to the Gulf Coast area and the photography he will be displaying is from that trip. I encourage ALL of you to go and see the exhibit, and to donate your money to this worthy cause. Many of Katrina's victims are still waiting for relief and have been "forgotten" in the absence of the media spotlight; Help me make sure they know Frankfort has not forgotten them as well. The Gulf Coast photo exhibit will run from 5:30 until 10pm. There will also be live music by The Groove.

[Stop and think...2 more beers or a chance to help make someone else's life a little better? I will be there, and I sincerely hope those of you who live in or around the Frankfort area will be as well.]

Laisse les bons temps rouler!

Have a happy and SAFE Fat Tuesday!

10 Comments:

Blogger Mongoose said...

What is in it for me to show up?

27.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dessert

28.2.06  
Blogger Miss Innocent said...

Goosey, must everything have a "reward"?

How about showing up because it will be entertaining; or because it is to help raise money and awareness for Katrina's victims; or because it's a great event for a future politician to be seen attending?

None of those work for you, huh?

Ok, you get to see me all dolled up--which I have been told is a wonderous sight to behold! ;)

So get your ass there already!!!

28.2.06  
Blogger KJ said...

Good Cause!!!!

28.2.06  
Blogger Miss Innocent said...

Soooo, that means YOU will pop in KJ?

28.2.06  
Blogger KJ said...

KJ has kids tonight......not dragging the little angels out in public unless we're going to Gatti Town.

28.2.06  
Blogger Mongoose said...

I will be there.

28.2.06  
Blogger Miss Innocent said...

YAY! Goose is gonna show...Now if I can just get this mind control device to work right the rest of you will as well!

*muttering to self, adjusting dials


Goose, what time? I promise not to attack you in public-- I do have SOME self control-- and YOU have a reputation to uphold...hehe!

28.2.06  
Blogger Mongoose said...

I am going to a political fundraiser at 5:00 and should swing by when I am finished. Sound good? Probably 6ish?

28.2.06  
Blogger Miss Innocent said...

Purrrrfect!

I will be the short hot girl hugged up to the photographer!

(LMAO)

See you then! And hey, check your email for my #.

28.2.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home