3.30.2006

There are few places in Kentucky that I feel totally relaxed, and am able to just chill out and reflect on life. Whenever things get rough, or I just need to get out of the city I go back to my roots...which means I spend some time on the family farm. This property has been in my family for more than 200 years, and will one day pass to myself, my sister, and our cousins. I spent almost all of my free time from ages 5-15 here~and I admit that I love being a country girl at heart. I dom't know if it is merely the memories or the very spiritual connection I feel to the land here, but I am always at home when I visit. Since it is so important to me I thought I would share some pictures I took today. Happy Friday Y'All and have a great weeekend!





One of two natural waterfalls on our property.









Elkhorn creek...this is the first clear view of it as you drive back the farm road









John Deere tractor and a disc plow...this is our lower field








Beef....it's what's for dinner~ and I think these 3 know that!











The now abandoned tobacco barn...We participated in the buy-out, so we no longer raise tobacco.











Genuine Burley Tobacco...left behind in the rafters to cure.









Sunlight steaming in thru the doors of the cattle barn.












Old tire swing in front of the even older family home.

16 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

I remember going on Hay rides on that farm

31.3.06  
Blogger Miss Innocent said...

Murph...Glad I was able to inspire you~ Without having to show my tits or ass that is! LOL

Kris~ Those were good times,and great memories! I thought you'd recognize some of the spots I shared.

*kisses!

31.3.06  
Blogger Miss Innocent said...

*bats eyelashes and blows kisses to Kris...*

You know you love me...deep down in places u cannot talk about in polite company perhaps~ but you love me anyway!

*kisses!

(and if it works you are sooo gonna owe me one! lol)

31.3.06  
Blogger KJ said...

I know, I know.......shut up

Kisses right back!!!

I'm just giving you a hard time....for show and all

31.3.06  
Blogger The Village Idiot said...

Love the pics. I like seeing places through different peoples eyes!

31.3.06  
Blogger KJ said...

This is girl talk....shoo

31.3.06  
Blogger RobynB said...

I live on a farm and grew up on a farm.

Your pictures are like wonderful memories.

31.3.06  
Blogger Miss Innocent said...

Awww...glad you guys liked the pics!

(Please note~ VI and Robyn, I have linked you both..MUWAHAHAHAHA!)

Murph~ I have NO idea what you are talking about, but I promise you Kris and I don't spend all our time talking about you. (it's only about half our time...and even that is too much! LOL)

Kris~ Shopping tomo! YAY YAY YAY!!!~ gonna find something hawt for Keeneland...finally!

31.3.06  
Blogger da buttah said...

alright..so what do you say we dice and slice up some cows..grill 'em up by the waterfall, and go skinny dippin'?

yes? no?!

31.3.06  
Blogger RobynB said...

I'm linked? YeaY!

1.4.06  
Blogger FortuneCookie said...

Hey, love this blog. You good gurl.

1.4.06  
Blogger Miss Innocent said...

Buttah~ Let's at least wiat until the creek is warm...otherwise I am all for it! Come to KY and Kris and I will show you the sights!

Rasta~ Thanks babe, and come see me again soon, k?!

Robyn~ The pleasure is all mine girl!

*kisses to all

1.4.06  
Blogger Everything Nice said...

Miss - Wow great pictures, you know... i wish I could share some of those memory (take me back) pictures.

But it would be tragic since I'm a hood rat. Totally metro.

*sigh*

I loved this post, thanks for sharing :)

PS - oh, if the scanner co-ops today, i should have your ink up posted today :D

LUVUMS!
Em

1.4.06  
Blogger FortuneCookie said...

Rasta never flip you off. Hey, girl, got some pretty pictures on my site, too. Come by.

1.4.06  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Great pics!!! Hope you had a great weekend!!

2.4.06  
Blogger Baby Daddy said...

never been to KY... looks wonderful

4.4.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home